Fokker F-27 Friendship

Duster

Fokker F-27 Friendship

Postby Duster » Mon Jul 04, 2016 1:45 am

howdy all, about a week ago, I was given a fiberglass composite plane that had seen a slightly bumpy landing, so ive started repairs to this beautiful plane ,its a FOKKER F-27 Friendship 48 in wingspan with built up wings, ive done the motor mount boxes and she now has fully adjustable motor positions inside the nacels ,I have had really good luck with the 480 parkzone motors with the 30 amp esc, 9x6 props, this plane will only swing a 7.75 , 3 blade prop ive cut and balanced, with a 2500 ,3 cell it will fly very well, the wing tube has to be replaced, with a longer and heavier one, modes to the in wing mounts were to use a plate near the outer area of the engine box which will take out most of the flex from the landing gear rod, the front landing gear frames still need to be replaced and reinforced at this time, I have a bit of info on this plane which follows , it was first built in 1985 powered by a Rolls- Royce Dart turbo prop engine, and it was later assigned as a military version , the F-27 Troopship, and later it was given the F-28 as the jet powered plane, so all in all a very interesting plane, and again a thanks to Ed for the plane which hopefully in the next few weeks will be ready for a maiden flight , here are some of the photos of the bird as of now, seems I may need to figure out how to get them on here, lol

Duster

Re: Fokker F-27 Friendship

Postby Duster » Mon Jul 04, 2016 10:16 am

I put the wrong year, it was 1958 when it was built , guess I had numb thumb,

rcdog

Re: Fokker F-27 Friendship

Postby rcdog » Mon Jul 04, 2016 6:05 pm

Here is an older picture of it. ;) it was fun!
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Return to “On the Work Bench”